– Renewed by decree of the most holy Second Ecumenical Council of the Vatican, the new revised ritual will replace the currently used ritual for the ordination of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.
– The English translation of De Ordinatione episcopi, presbyterorum, et diaconorum, editio typica altera has been approved by the Dicastery for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments (1990 and 2011)
– The CCBI canonically approved this English translation for use throughout the territory of the Conference.
– The English text has been approved by ICEL – International Commission on English in the Liturgy Corporation.
– Psalms are taken from the Revised Grail Psalms
– Updated – “Rite of Admission to Candidacy for Holy Orders” is included as an appendix.
The CCBI hereby decrees the publication of this edition of Ordination of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons for liturgical use in all the dioceses of the Latin Catholic Church in India replacing all previous publications currently in use.